Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nearly...


...forgot once again to add the picture of the flowers that my little family gave me for my birthday....so before I forget again, here they are. They are even prettier now than when I took this photo because the blooms have opened even more. They are lilies of some sort needless to say (Lily is my favorite flower) though I'm not sure exactly variety. If I had to take a wild gander based on my limited gardening knowledge they are Peruvian Lilies.
Forgive the Christmas tablecloth, I know half-way into January it's a little outdated and not quite fitting. Forgive too the cereal bowl. Our table is usually a dumping ground for all kinds of things so the fact that it's actually a bowl on the table and not stacks of books, toys, keys or other non-table essentials is at least appropriate. ;-) Today I finally took down the Christmas tree since it was well and truly dead...and the tablecloth went into the box of Christmas stuff. I shed a tear because now that Christmastime and New Years is over, it'll be hot here in Arizona before we know it.
I've also noticed now that Christmastime is over every member of my family is starting to get grumpy again....like goodwill and cheer has to automatically go flying out the door with our dead tree. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Personally, I have a lot that I could be miserable about but I am choosing not to be. My husband would call that being "unrealistic", some would call it being in "denial", I call it "there is a much better way to fill my time than by being irritable and acting like someone that nobody would like or want to be around." Not to say I'm running around singing like Maria from The Sound of Music and smiling all the time (I'm much too tired for that), but last night, when my entire household woke up at 11pm complaining about something or another, I decided to not let it get to me for a change and went to sleep with a smile on my face which I have managed to keep all day for the most part...
Maybe I spoke too soon. Lilz is now crying, Caed just slammed his door about something or another, Mimi is demanding ice cream and the husband just had a mouth full of complaints on Messenger about many a problem in Arizona.
Right now in my mind I am going to momentarily visit The Minack Theatre; my favorite place in the world....it's in Cornwall, England so I cannot physically go there so pretending will have to do. Anyone care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment