
...I will be playing the role of Zombie Mom.....with black circles under my eyes that are real ones, not make up ones and a washed over pale look that would give any ghost some good competition. I seriously need about 8 years of sleep, I think that last good night of sleep I got was on 7 May 2000, the last full night I had before being in labor, or having a newborn to feed, or child to care for in some capacity. I'm not saying I'd trade the kids (never, for anything in the world) and really I don't miss the actual sleep- just all the fine health and good looks (OK, not to say I was ever good looking, but at least I once upon a time didn't look like The Corpse Bride all the time) that go along with a woman who gets some ZZZ Zs.
The weekend was fabulous, and really bad, all rolled into one.
Fun and Good stuff: my birthday. Words cannot say how happy I was to see 32 go into the pages of history. Not happy to be older, but am happy to have survived to be 33! Hubby got me some beautiful flowers with a sweet personal note (pictures to come) and mom got me and the kids Zoolights tickets (pictures to come). Mr. Moore also got me some black forest cake which is still sitting unopened in the fridge....maybe tonight we will have time, or will feel like eating a piece to celebrate.
Bad Stuff: Caed got the flu big time from Mimi and threw up alll over the carpet Saturday night, which I got to scrub of course. It also meant I stayed up all night Saturday with him with a bowl standing at the ready and I got no sleep, at all, OK, maybe half an hour. King Caed missed Zoolights which was sad because it was meant to be a night out for his birthday and mine (we are 5 days apart). The cool thing about it is I brought him home a cool pirate light up sword to make him feel instantly better and he took to the new role with gusto....whirling the sword in the air upon it's arrival home to him complete with metal clinking sound effects (minus the other sword that it would need to hit to actually make a sound like that if it were indeed metal and not plastic).
So back to the no sleep. I really miss it. If I had time I'd look up all the problems one can have from sleep deprivation I am sure some would apply to me. If only evolution was really what (some people think) it's cracked up to be.....because if it were 100% true then I (and all other mothers like me who can't hold it together perfectly like June Cleaver) would be able to manage this sleep deprivation thing without anyone noticing, not to mention I'd have 10 arms, x-ray eyes in the back AND sides of my head, supersonic hearing and I'd be able to read everybody's minds so that I could know way ahead of time about why they are in a mood and what I could do instantly to save the day (or night). Where is Charles Darwin when you need him to explain why human mothers have not adapted appropriately!?
But when I look at that picture of Caed as a baby way up there I could never say that he, and my other two aren't worth it. They are definitely worth lack of sleep, and more. They are getting older though and am sure in a few years from now I'll be bemoaning the fact that they won't want or need mom anymore. Although sometimes I miss the days when I could sleep in till noon, I then remember that I can sleep when I die; we only live (and have babies/small children) once.










you need to sleep in this weekend and make your hubby get up with kids. Or just tell them they are all on their own. :)
ReplyDeletehey, i didn't even know you had a blog! it's fun to read about you guys. my kids all know where the poptarts are, and how to play quietly or watch tv until i decide to grace them with my presence, or rachel wakes up. i have trained them well. that is not to say that i get enough sleep however. rachel is still only 7 months old, and does not sleep as well as i would like her to! here's to us crazy mom's being able to function on no sleep!!
ReplyDelete