Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dreams..

Dreams.
What are they?
Can they be real?
Or are they meant to just inspire us to keep going and never give up?
Before I woke up this morning I had a vivid dream about a car crash. Not just a fender bender- but the type of crash where the car goes flying up in the air, spins and then lands plowing face first into the ground. That one is a dream that I hope to NOT experience in real life.
The past week or so, and in particular the past 24 hours I've been thinking about dreams in every sense of their meaning.
There are dreams that I actually dream...like the recurring one where I am running down a long dirt road lined with tall trees with something chasing me. I guess that would be more of a recurring nightmare.
Then there's the happy recurring dream of a peaceful newborn baby boy yet to be born (maybe he will be, maybe he won't and if not the three children I have give me more than enough contentment).
There are the dreams that I hope to live out....going to the Valley of the Kings, hiking Hadrian's wall, or simply tending to my grandmother's beautiful cactus garden until I am the age that she is now (coming up to a beautiful, spirited 85 years old).
There are the dreams of those I love, and whether or not I can ever help their dreams to come true and help them find joy.
Mainly I think about the dreams of my children.
And my dream for them- to always love and to be loved.
For myself, my own dream is simple.
I am not sure if all dreams come to life, but I hope this one will always be true:
My Dream = Happiness.

(Up next....what is happiness? Ponder for a moment if you will ).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

    I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

    I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 PM

    Hey! It's me, Maren...kind of a stranger, but not ;) I hopped on over here to your blog from facebook and loved reading some of your entries and can't wait to read more. I blog too, but haven't much since December. Bleh.

    Anyway, I LOVE dreams! I keep a dream blog (http://marensdreams.blogspot.com) and love to reread them many weeks/months later. I'm not much into interpretations...too much work and I have enough on my plate! But my best friend does and I'll tell her about them and she'll quickly analyze them. I enjoy her insight, but don't take them too seriously :)

    ReplyDelete