Friday, January 9, 2009

4pm on a Friday afternoon.....

Right now, my children are my world, again....not a lot is ground-breaking there but for some reason the new year has renewed the joy of motherhood (not that the joy ever left me, but many difficulties in 2008 caused me to almost forget the pure miracle it is to be a mother).

I've never seen a little boy so happy to get home from school.....to see my newly turned 6 year old son, "King Caed", return to his sisters after a long, hard day of playing and coloring at Kindergarten seemed like pure bliss to him, and therefore to me too.

To Mimi, his older sister who stayed home ill today, he gave planted a big kiss on the cheek followed by a bigger hug upon seeing her (oh and p.s. he told me when I met him at his classroom door that he's now the boss of her since she's sick) and then he promptly headed directly to the back patio to play monster with little sister Lilz. Since they are getting older now and actually turning into their own little people, it's really rewarding to see that truly, they love each other.

For me, a girl who grew up with just one sister, one parent and one grandparent (that was it, my entire family growing up), it's even moreso rewarding that I have 3 very individual children but have managed to glue them together as one. I can only hope as they grow up that the glue binds them even closer. For now though, the monster play is in full swing and I'm relishing in the imaginary play, I'm sure Lilz will be crying in about 5 mintues saying that Caed hit her in the head....if I'm lucky, maybe it'll be 7 minutes.

And on that happy note, I smell the bbq pulled pork burning in the crock pot (how does that happen in a crock pot when it's meant to be self monitoring and self cooking?)! I guess everything this afternoon can't be totally perfect, but it's pretty darn close.

No comments:

Post a Comment