I know, I know, I already wrote a novel once today so promise this will be short especially as I have a sinus headache.
A study in darkness and light, just taught to me by one person, a lifelong friend who learned some bad news this afternoon.
On the darkness front, I knew immediately that it would feel like a punch in the gut for her family and the why us questioning would surely follow.
On the light front, I saw how she reacted to the news and thought about how much I admire her for not turning immediately to anger but going and seeking solace at the temple. I know a lot of you reading this may not be LDS like she is (and I am) but no matter what your religion, or even if you aren't religious, I just admire anyone who chooses to lemonade out of lemons.
To turn to something, anything positive (whether it's your family, charity, church, etc) that will take your mind off of the immediate unfairness of a situation is a lesson I know that I need to learn for myself.
I thank this particular friend and all my other friends who are a good examples of being graceful and appreciative of life even when it seems it is at it's worst.
Life is so short, it may not be fair, but I am trying to remember to enjoy the ride.
11 years ago










i agree completely. i was prepared to try to comfort her when i text messaged her, and she told me she was at the temple. i was proud of her. that is exactly what we all need to do instead of shaking our finger at heaven (which i am guilty of occasionally!) here's to trying to keep perspective in life.
ReplyDelete