Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Basket....


Sheer basket case. That's me since I last wrote. Not in a bad way. It's not because I'm freaking out or scared or angry. It's all good. It's more overwhelmingly feeling this amazing sense of awe in everything. Why? I have no idea. I have been crying on and off for the past few days over the most odd things, like commercials, songs, sunsets, and yes, even the Inauguration....who knew Yo Yo Ma would make me break down? Happy tears. And no, I'm not expecting a surprise baby (which is usually the case for me crying over every little thing). I feel really grateful to be alive. There is so much more in my mind, tons of words I'd like to put down, but can't because dinner needs to be started not to mention there is a scheduled Blogger outage in 20 minutes and I'd like to get this posted. For utter randomness, I wanted to share a photo of me and Lilz that Daddy-O took this past Saturday. I look awful, but it's a miracle to me to see how exactly alike our eyes are, it gives me hope and peace to know that through my children I will live on someday (hopefully in an upstanding way, but regardless, part of me will always be with them; not that I plan on going anywhere anytime soon but hopefully this is making sense). The spuds are beckoning me to be baked.......and another miracle, Happy Birthday to my dear friend Tricia on her 33rd (I remember turning 15 together thinking it was so cool that I beat her to it by 10 days but when I hit 33 10 days ago I envied her for still being 32). I love growing older with lifelong friends...and again, feel another tear welling up.

3 comments:

  1. are you sure there isn't a surprise baby on the way? that's usually when i get all weepy too! :) it's good to be grateful for life, we need to remember that more often. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too hard on yourself. I don't think you look awful in that picture. I think its a great picture of both of you. And I can totally relate to the uncontrollable weepiness. But sometimes it feels good to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks for the "tribute" :) I totally got teary watching the inaguration too! I on the other hand hope I am pregnant am feeling very hopeful right now. I somehow even teared up at the beg. of Areatha then soon after realized she sounded just awful. Poor lady, she had a good voice at one time.... what a sad performance and I hated her arrangment. anyway, thats the critical musician in me.

    ReplyDelete