Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Journeys

The past month or so has been full of unexpected gifts, and as usual trials. Namely my beloved grandmother has taken a turn for the worst and will likely leave this world soon for the next one. I thought it would already happen, but we've been blessed with the gift of extra time.

The only comfort that I have concerning the situation is that I believe I will be with her again someday, in addition to the rest of my family. In my heart I believe families are forever.

The thing that scares me is that following her passing, I know my own life will change on many levels, some of which are probably unfathomable right now.

I found a quote today that I thought could apply to her journey along her way and my journey that I will have to take without her when she leaves me behind.

"One's destination is neer a place but rather a new way of looking at things." - Henry Miller

I know that when she's gone, she really won't be. I'll just have to look at it differently as in she will physically just not be here. And as for me and where I end up....that will take a new way of looking at things as well. I just hope I can continue to make her proud even from the great beyond.

Remember to hug your loved ones, life is always too short, even when you make it to your mid 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment