My lovely daughter Mimi made me a handmade card the other night. It melted my heart and showed a 9 year old little girl who is wise beyond her years. Sometimes I wish that she didn't have to be that way....that she could just be carefree and not notice that her mommy has a lot on her plate once in a while. But at the same time, I feel overjoyed that she has turned in to an empathetic, caring, loving child who thinks of others.
I will add a photo to show the adorable illustrations she made later but inside, it reads:
"Mommy:
You have been through so much.
I love you so much.
So this card is for you, and only you, to make your life better.
It's been hard.
I love you.
From Mimi"
All I can add is that life has a way of really pulling the rug out from under one's feet at times. But after times like this I always learn something and appreciate the water for my soul....a challenge does for the spirit what water does for a plant.
Trials can do two things. They can either bring growth and better understanding of ways to make ourselves and those around us better. Or, than can crush your spirit completely. It's a choice to react one way or the other. Better or bitter is how I'm starting to look at it.
I've learned the past few months that as long as you have your health, your life, your faith, friends, family and chances for better tomorrows then you have everything you need....at least for me, that's all I need. I guess it's a lesson I'd rather learn sooner rather than later. Thank you to those in my life who shelter me during the storms.
The road ahead of me is a long one, but I'm so happy to still be on the road traveling it, having opportunites make things better along the way.










That is simply beautiful. If she's this sweet and thoughtful now, just think of the amazing adult she'll be.
ReplyDelete