Monday, June 29, 2009

Such a simple thing....

"....such a simple thing, but the difference it made was great."

Yes. I am quoting one of the talented
Morrissey's songs.

My Englishman got back from his camping/hiking excursion recently. But he didn't actually hike. He ended up not feeling well due to the altitude. So much for adventuring, at least this time.

But he did seem really really happy at least while this photo was taken.



The smile on his face is priceless to me because I don't get to see it that often when he's trapped in the city doing nothing but working (especially not during the summer months)!

Being in a lava tunnel cave seems such a simple thing...but the difference it made at least for a split second was great for my bearded wonder. I see an adventurous little boy when I look at this photo.

Thanks to Kris (pictured in red) for flying all the way from The Cayman Islands. And thanks Brandon for driving from Nevada. You boys are lucky to be a band of brothers. To have friends who will travel great distances to be with one another is a gift, even when it doesn't go as planned (that sounds like a fortune cookie).

Now back to the mundane and housework.....I'll pretend I'm in the cave too (much more exciting)!

Til next time,
HiLy

No comments:

Post a Comment