Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dear Robert....

It's almost 1 in the morning and I should be fast asleep but I had to write about this.

My oldest daughter (age 9) is officially in love with Robert Pattinson, or Edward Cullen (from Twilight). And tonight she wrote her first fan letter.

I cannot believe my baby is old enough to have her first real crush, but she is. I remember age 9 like it was yesterday and I am definitely not ready for what's around the corner....but this, is adorable.

Her letter isn't done yet and there are many spelling errors, but it melts my heart. I'll take a photo to go along with this when the camera arrives home from the Englishman's hiking trip.

So far her letter reads:

"Dear Robert,

As you will see at the top, I am Mimi Moore.

I think you are a very great actor.

I bet you had fun in the part of the baseball game.

My father is from England. It is beautiful there.

I am your number one fan."

(I hate to tell her she has competition...namely Bella and about a million others. Bless her little heart).

Last month she said that she was going to grow up and marry Robert Pattinson just like Katie Holmes dreamt of growing up and marrying Tom Cruise (and she did).

My daughter is pretty determined and feisty. Who am I to tell her no, it'll never happen?

Right now she's happily slumbering holding a picture of Rob from the newspaper.

Letting children dream is one of the greatest gifts a parent can give.....so long as they are happy dreams (and she is taught about making correct decisions, using proper judgement and good character to find a boy in real life who is nice) then there's no harm done.

Sleep tight,
HiLy

2 comments: