It's Father's Day. The best gift in the world, in my opinion is having good parents, and especially a good father.
I didn't get to grow up with Dad and I miss him daily. To my dad in Mission Viejo, Happy Father's Day, I love you. Every time I look in the mirror I see your eyes. Words can't say how I wish we were closer and could just stop by today and bring you a big bunch of sunflowers and shower you with hugs from the grandkids.
To Justin ("The Englishman"), my husband and father of our children- Happy Father's Day 3 times over. We love you times infinity. For all that you've sacrificed for us, we could never repay you. I am in awe that for us you put up with being stuck in a city, working in a cube, commuting on the freeway.....all the things that are opposite of what you'd rather be doing (i.e. adventuring and traveling the world). Someday I hope this life rewards you in ways beyond your dreams.
To my Grandpa Rusty, who passed away in 1994....Happy Father's Day. I love and miss you. I remember so vividly visiting you Payson, chasing butterflies running down the street with butterfly nets. Most importantly, I remember how you greeted me the same way each phone call- whether it had been a week or months since we had last spoken. You'd say to me, "I bet you're growing prettier every single day" and growing up, that was one of very few things that instilled value into me. I knew you didn't mean getting prettier on just outside but developing inner beauty. Dads/Grandpas sometimes don't get the thanks they deserve.
For the 3 dads that have shaped my life (dad, Justin and grandpa), I couldn't be more grateful for you today. I hope no matter where you are, you feel loved today, and every day.
11 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment