Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sorry....

I should have said update coming in a few weeks....I heartfully apologize for being a blogger flake!! I started a few different long winded posts and never got to finish them....I hope to get back to them though and share with you some of my recent thoughts.

Anyway....after my last post where I promised to write the next day, what looked like a clear day to write quickly turned into one chaotic event after another. More illness, cars to be taken to the shop, 2 visitors (very welcome and beloved visitors so definitely not complaining) from England and the Cayman Islands to prep for and spend time with.

I look at other men and women who have much more on their plates than I do and still find time to write....kinda puts me in my place. Aside from family, writing has always been my 2ND love so I really do need to endure to put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, much more often.

This morning the Englishman and one of his best mates Kris left for an excursion to Humphrey's Peak (north of Flagstaff, AZ). It is a well deserved trip for my husband, he's such a hard worker, and being stuck in the desert is hard for a boy from the seaside. There won't be a sea....but at least there will be green trees and clean cool, crisp air more reminiscent of the UK.

They will be gone for 5 days. 5 days that will be very busy since I am on my own and have 3 little ones missing their daddy but hopefully will give me some good writing time! :-)

For now I am completely cream crackered (UK English meaning knackered or US English meaning exhausted)! I am just getting over another infection that made the left side of my head/jaw/neck feel like it had a knife stuck in it. I don't want to complain but cannot explain the sheer agony it is to go through the day with a smile when feeling like that.....I hope and pray we get to the bottom of this soon, it's been recurring for almost a year and a half and I react to antibiotics which points to a bacterial infection....yet the doctors can't seem to figure out what or where it is. I'm doing all I can do help myself and have faith it will get sorted out eventually but man...it really drains a girl!

I hope all of you have been well- I don't know who really stops by to read this and know you all must have much better things to do, but remember to hug the ones you love and enjoy each moment. Life is a gift. I've been reminded of that a lot lately.....my friend Bridget lost her father less that 2 years after losing her mother. B's back East, I'm out West but she is a shining star that I can see all the way from here. I pray for her during her time of loss and also thank her for being an example of how to carry on. I wish I had such fortitude.

Goodnight everyone...or good morning as the case may be. I'm off to watch Labyrinth with the kids and create more small, simple moments that hopefully they'll remember.

:-)

Hily

1 comment:

  1. I stop by and read!! :) I hear you when it comes to "too busy to write." I'm so lazy Ive resorted to posting photos from my iPhone (as fuzzy and low res as they are). Good luck with all of your busy-ness!

    ReplyDelete