Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Top 3....

.....reasons why I haven't written (and yes, none of them are really good reasons. I have promised myself to make up for my lack of March journal entries soon, man I've been a slacker!).

1) Exhaustion (sleep deprivation, no visits to the Land of Nod, lack of ZZZ's.....giving me that Zombie mom glow we all know looks so good on me).

2) Puppy with Valley Fever getting worse, sigh (which has caused amounts of crying over Marley and Me that I thought was humanly impossible....losing a pet is harder than I remember).

3) Little sister ailing (her heart is not quite keeping up in her sleep we've learned).

There are more reasons but I'll spare you. Afterall, I titled this post Top 3, not top 100 reasons I haven't written.

Remember the friend I wrote about a while ago when her husband lost her job (again)? He accidentally shot himself through the hand while cleaning his gun Sunday. Again, she astounds me with her grit to get through the unexpected. As many trials as we all have going on, I honestly don't know what more one little family can have thrown at them. It's making me count my blessings a second time today.

For my happy note....here's my oldest ray of sunshine Mimi doing what she does best which is helping her dear ol' mum (a-hem, me) get through another long day with a smile and an I love you (in sign language, which she loves). This was taken last weekend after a long day of gardening in her sundress with us. I am sooooooo grateful beyond words for this little bundle of energy and beauty; she simply radiates light from within. Mimi, I love you more than you'll ever know. You're totally wicked cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment