Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quick Note....

....from Facebook. I love Facebook because it only takes a few minutes to connect with all of my friends and family from around the globe. Given my life lately, that really is a blessing to behold!

Things have been a bit stretched on the home-front in many ways (to say the least, more on that to come). And then a stomach bug decided to wreak havoc on the kids and I this past few days as well.

When I checked Facebook today, a hand full of my friends filled out a fun note titled "Thier name + ology". They asked me to do the same, so my note is titled "Hilaryology". It looks weird with two "Y's" in there but that's OK! It was a nice break to fill it out and take a few minutes to reflect.

It is a way to quickly share things that maybe we wouldn't be able to otherwise. I thought I would share it here too, just for those of you who maybe are wondering what the heck may be floating around in my mind this morning.

Here goes:

Let others know a little more about yourself, re-post this as your name followed by "ology."

***********FOODOLOGY***************
1)What is your salad dressing of choice?
Blue Cheese
2)What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
Anita's Cocina in Wickenburg (it's my hangout with Grandma)
3)What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
Tortilla Chips and Salsa
4)What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Pineapple, mushrooms, ham, black olives, pepperoni (not all together but in different combos)
5)What do you put on your toast??
Butter and sometimes honey

***********TECHNOLOGY***************
1)How many televisions are in your house?
3- too many!
2)What color cell phone do you have?
Red
3)Do you have an Ipod?
A first generation Nano

***************BIOLOGY******************
1)Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Right
2)Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
5 babies (3 full term and 2 that didn't make it), tonsils and tissue samples
3)What is the last heavy item you lifted?
Lily- she's almost 4 and getting tall!
4)Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
No but have fainted before when expecting Lily

************BULLOLOGY**************
1)If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
No thanks, I'd be too sad.
2)If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Esme. I have loved that name forever (yes even before Twilight). If I were ever to have another daughter I'd seriously think of using it.
3)Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
If it were very mild!

************DUMBOLOGY******************
1)How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
One pair that I wear non-stop
2)Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
Dana Point, California- 4 of July 2007. It was fine in the end but I was not thrilled with their behavior toward my small children
3)Last person you talked to?
My kids as we said goodbye and blew each other kisses as they went off to school
4)Last person you hugged?Ramey

**************FAVORITEOLOGY****************
1)Season?
Autumn
2)Holiday?
Christmas
3)Day of the week?
Still Monday, despite having a few bad ones lately

***********CURRENTOLOGY*****************
1)Missing someone?
Always
2)Mood?
A little forlorn but grateful as ever
3)What are you listening to?
Lots of birds chirping outside in the palm trees
4)Watching:Nothing
5)Worrying about?
Not living up to my potential

***************RANDOMOLOGY*****************
1)First place you went this morning?
Outside in the morning sun to stretch....getting over the flu and feeling like someone has beaten my ribcage so I needed a good stretch. Ouch.
2)What's the last movie you saw?
I can't remember the last movie I saw in the cinema but yesterday I watched the 1931 Dracula on DVD for the first time.....they just don't make many good movies like that anymore I've decided. Talk about good acting!
3)Do you smile often?
I try to
4)Sleeping Alone Tonight?
Not unless I sleep outside on the camping cot

***************OTHEROLOGY*****************
1)Do you always answer your phone?
Almost never. Really. I'm usually distracted with the kids and miss it.
2) 4 o clock in the morning and you get a text. Who is it?
Someone in England where it would be midday over there.
3) If you could change your eye color what would it be?Green!
4) What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
Cherry but I'm trying to wean myself off of sugary drinks.
5) Do you own a digital camera?
Indeed!
6) Have you ever had a pet fish?
I have always had a Siamese Fighting fish (still do) because they live forever in a tiny bowl with a little food and I find them pretty to look at.
7) Favorite Christmas song(s)?
O Holy Night
8) What's on your wish list for your birthday
Peacefulness
9) Can you do push ups?
Do wall push ups count?
10) Can you do a chin up?
Highly unlikely but I wish I could
11) Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Excited- things can always get better
12) Do you have any saved texts?
Yes
13) Ever been in a car wreck?
Two- one pretty bad one where I would have been smashed to death had I been about 3 feet further out into the road
14) Do you have an accent?
I've been told I have an oddly interesting "Cali Surfer Girl- Texan- English" combination accent
15) What is the last song to make you cry?
Nessun Dorma, it always does
16) Plans tonight?
Watching " Tales of Desperaux" with the kids
17) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Absolutely
18) Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
Nothing. At. All.
19) Have you ever been given roses?
Yes, I love them.
20) Current worry?
Many, many things... mostly worries about others that I wish I could help fix for them
21) Current hate right now?
This economy
22) Met someone who changed your life?
My little ones
23) How will you bring in the New Year?
Asleep or up with Ramey watching the ball drop in NYC on telly
24) What song represents you?
The Trick Is To Keep Breathing by Garbage (not all of the lyrics, but definitely the title seems fitting lately...I'm sure everyone can relate once in a while).
25) Name three people who might complete this?
Tiffany, Tina and Tricia if they have time and are so inclined
26) Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Yes indeed
27) Have you ever dated someone longer than a year solid?
Yep
28) Do you have any tattoos/piercings?
My ears are pierced twice
29) Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now?
I think so!
30) Does anyone love you?
Yes, but mostly the ones who are related to me and have to by default!
31) Would you be a pirate?
No, but I really like Jack Sparrow!
32) What songs do you sing in the shower?
I usually rush through my showers with kids knocking down the door so rarely have time to sing.
33) Ever had someone sing to you?
Yes
34) When did you last cry?
Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday too- hard week!
35) Do you like to cuddle?
Yes- last night Caed tried to curl up in my lap like a baby but his legs are too long! They grow up so dang fast!
37) Have you held hands with anyone today?
With Caed when I woke him up and walked him out of his room so he wouldn't fall over (I do this every morning because he's always half asleep for a while)!
38) Who was the last person you took a picture of?
the kids on Easter
39) What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?Madonna- I remember my mom getting me the cassette with the song "Lucky Star" for my birthday and my friends and I jumping around with excitement.... I think I was 7 or 8.
40) Do you believe in staying close with your ex's?
I have remained friends with all of them except a few- one whom hurt me so much he'd probably never speak to me anyway.
41) Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
A good mix of lifelong and new....love them all. I'd truly be lost without my friends.
42) Do you like pulpy orange juice?
Yes!
43) What is something your friends make fun of you for?
My indecisiveness, clumsiness, my hair, or my tendency to worry too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment