Hi Friends-
I have been thinking of changing my blog title for some time now. In the world scope of things, it doesn't matter if this blog even has a title at all, but I'm kind of liking the title of that note from Facebook yesterday which was "Hilaryology".
So, I am thinking or renaming my blog "Hilology" or "Hilyology". I like those options better than "Hilaryology" because Hilary is too formal for my liking as all my close friends and family call me Hil or Hily. "Ology" of course means the study of something. And since this blog is a study of my life and life in general, I thought it would be a great fit.
I like the focus on the word hill because my life forever has really been hilly. Life for me has simply never been a smooth field or a plain. It hasn't been a monstrous mountain always requiring climbing either. Just lots of ups and downs for as long as I can remember. I guess one could think of a roller coaster instead but a hill has a more pastoral aura.
I envision that things will be hilly for the rest of my life too because that's what this life is- it's hilly, up and down, peaks and valleys. It's designed this way on purpose, with trials, challenges and obstacles in order to make us better people if we let it. I am grateful for such a wise designer!
Ok so voting is open- Hilology or Hilyology? Or are they pretty much the same? Or does anyone read this blog enough to care? Maybe not (which I'd completely understand)! I'd really love the feedback though even if you are a one time visitor because as my note said yesterday, I am very indecisive! Cheers everyone!
11 years ago










I vote for Hilyology...has a nice rhythm to it :)
ReplyDeleteLife is too hilly in my opinion. I could do with more plains!
Thanks Maren!! And yes, more plains would be nice, but maybe that'll be our reward in the next life. :-)
ReplyDeletedefinitely Hilyology. yes, I am actually blogging again!
ReplyDelete