Thursday, March 26, 2009

Attack of the Triffids....

The gardening is taking over every aspect of my family's life- the various plants and their contant care make me feel like a new baby is in the house (guess that'll help with the baby hunger issue)! Since I last wrote we have created a raised bed, and a sunken bed that is half way done.

I have literally not had time to write, but I miss my "therapy" so had to sit down and take one minute to at least start this post even if it'll only be half done when I publish (no time on hand to upload photos).

Between kids, home, school, the Englishman, health, spirituality, wanting to help a few friends going through a really hard time, worrying about my Grandma, not to mention all the other issues on hand concerning the world at large etc, etc I feel a bit stretched.

But it's a good stretch, one we all need from time to time. It's tiring but also good to feel needed in many different areas....instead of complaining about all the worries and concerns I'm soaking them up and remembering to enjoy life and the bumps along the way. I still wish I had a magic wand at times of course.

Here's what is demanding all our family's attention as of late:

Bell Peppers
Banana Peppers
Honeydew melon
Cabbage
Sweet Corn
Watermelon
Yellow Zucchini
Sweet Peas
2 types of Carrots
2 types of Tomatoes
Lettuce
Spring/Green Onions
Leeks
Jalapenos
Cucumbers
and Sunflowers for fun

IF we can keep everything alive and growing, I'll have plenty to share. I'm also searching for some good pickling recipes in hopes that I will be able to make pickles for my Mimi (she loves them)....so if you have any, please leave one for us all. :-)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your garden sounds wonderful I need to get started with one. Can I come see yours sometime?

    ReplyDelete