Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick

...of being sick. That's me. I just got home from the doctor and I have strep throat, a sinus infection and an ear infection on top of the pesky thyroid tumor which is running my entire immune system down. Oh, and for pure joy I get to go get something done called a Thyroid Up Take Scan (they now want to do that before they will do a biopsy....they seem to have to do every ultrasound now known to man before actually testing the tissue). Our co-pay went up and they took an hour just to get me in the room (glad I picked the kids up early from school to take them with me) because they couldn't find my chart and then they couldn't find me in my insurance company's system. And they want to do more blood testing but they wouldn't do it today because I'm too sick....so I get to go back next week after I'm done with the anti-biotics. I would like a new body now please and thank you. I know it could be so much worse, but I just want to cry. I'm only 33 and feel about 100. The fun part (for real)? The kids blew up the medical gloves (well, I blew up the medical gloves) and played doctor....my son's was an alien of course, and my youngest one made hers a chicken. My oldest decided to deflate her gloves and play doctor this time. She said the alien had a skull fracture and the chicken's knees had infections....and she promptly looked in her medical book (i.e. Martha Stewart Living) for which medicines they all needed. My son sat and studied the anatomy books like they were the coolest thing ever. So all in all, if one of them becomes inspired to be a doctor or nurse, this will have been well worth it. Maybe they'll be the ones to finally heal me. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hilary you poor thing. I'm so sorry you feel so bad. You really do seem to get hit with everything. Let me know if I can do anything to help you. Maybe we can have Lily come over and play if you need a break. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete