Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

I've decided to split my "New Year's" entry into two parts.  Did you notice that I missed Christmas completely?  I apologize for that; there isn't the time to explain why.  
It ended up being a beautiful Christmas day though.  The look of joy in my children's eyes is to die for.  I just love it.  I hope all of you had a lovely Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice or just a plain ol' beautiful December altogether!!!  
In short, 2009 is a year that was full of so many blessings, but also so many trials.  I don't want to dwell on the negative but as many of you know, this year was full of loss, many different types, on many different levels.  There are a few moments from 2009 that I wouldn't trade for the world, so therefore I thank my Heavenly Father for this year, even for the bad parts (there's always a lesson to learn during trials anyway, right?)!
Overall, I cannot say that I am sad to see the door close on 2009....however, I am beyond thankful for the new door that will be opening up starting just past midnight tonight.  
I will write again shortly after that new door opens. 
2010....what dreams does it have in store for me?  What dream do you want it to hold for you and yours? 
Wherever we are in the world, let's make it all those dreams come true! In 2010, something tells me that we will all be better off looking up and reaching for the stars.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment