Monday, June 14, 2010

Those who Do

There are those who talk, and those who do.  My friend, Hallie *, is a person who does. 
She puts her words into action.  She is a wonderful example to me.
Her latest goal to help others?  To raise $5,000 dollars by July for children's cancer research by shaving her head and collecting donations.  I donated today, since I can't travel to Nebraska and shave my head with her (this time at least...am considering doing this sometime in the future though; my hair is driving me crazy anyway)! ;-) 
On a serious note, in the past year or so, I have had one friend lose his child to cancer and another friend lose her niece to cancer. 
Today I gave a gift in honor of both these little ones.
I am so blessed that my children are healthy and HERE with me....life isn't always easy, but things like this help me remember what it's all about. 

*If you'd like to help, please click on Hallie's name above (in blue). 

No comments:

Post a Comment