Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Girl....

My firstborn, my daughter, the baby that I dreamt about having from the time I was a child myself....is officially a 10 year old.  An entire decade flashed by in the blink of an eye.  She turned double digits this past Sunday, on Mother's Day of all days.  It was a bittersweet day full of emotion for me.  It has gone by way too fast.  I want to push the pause button but know that's not possible. I do hope the next 10 years take their time and go slowly, I want to savour them.  She was named after my great-grandmother's maiden name, Ramey.  Her name means "from Reims"(the beautiful, ancient French city).  My great-grandmother was a fiery, determined redhead, but was also so kind, generous, spirited and loving....all things that seem to have been passed along to my daughter along with the name. The day she was born is when I truly started to understand life.....she's still teaching me every day how to grow and better myself at the same time as taking care of her.  I have a long way to go before I could ever claim to be a perfect mother, but she by far, has made all my dreams come true.


I love you, Ramey.  Thank you for being you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment