I come from a small family but luckily my chosen family of friends is quite large.....and today they are my sunshine. These are the friends I've had for decades or perhaps just for a little while who all have one thing in common: they know me as well as I know myself, if not better. They live as close as around the corner from me here in our desert city, to as far away as the each coast of the U.S. and even beyond to the suburbs of London. This week was full of moments that tempted me to give up all hope. I feel like I try so hard but then fall hard on my face in failure. I wonder if I'll ever learn? These best friends, my sisters, have kept me afloat and turn my face toward the light when all else seems dim. I would be negligent if I didn't acknowledge my love to them for taking good care of my heart, even when I don't feel deserving. Thank you to my girls (you know who you are).
“What sweetness is left in life, if you take away friendship? Robbing life of friendship is like robbing the world of the sun. A true friend is more to be esteemed than kinsfolk." ~Cicero











Oh Hil-Bil!
ReplyDeleteYou are loved, and I'm glad you acknowledge it.
It's never gone away...nor will it ever.
The love may not always be apparent, or present...but its there. The more important thing to remember...
LOVE YOUR SELF.
You have a light, and a love, that shines...bright and true.
BE that for yourself...and you can never go wrong.
XO
-a
Thank you Ames, that totally made me cry (good tears obviously)....means more than you'll ever know. xoxo
ReplyDeleteDear heart, you are one of the most loved people that I know. Truly you are a woman "without guile" as the scriptures talk of. The gentle soul, who only thinks of others. Love you, and don't you dare, don't you dare, ever give up. You have no idea how you inspire others.
ReplyDelete